Be the best you can be!
Join With Other Greater Harrisburg Area High School Students In ACT-SO!
Compete in: Science, Poetry, Playwriting, Painting,
Music Vocal, Essay Writing, Dramatics, Dance
Business/Entrepreneurship and lots more.
If you think so . . . Then ACT-SO !
(Note: student application & other forms at the bottom of page)
Eligibility Rules & General Requirements
Each contestant must:
- be of African-American or Latino/Hispanic descent.
- be a high school student enrolled in grades 9 through 12.
- be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- be an individual who has demonstrated a genuine interest in one of the 26 categories.
- submit a separate project, one contestant per category per city (a contestant may enter up to three (3) categories of competition.
- be of amateur status–never having never having performed as a professional in any categories of competition
- conform to the guideline requirements as dictated by the category(s) chosen.
- submit to his/her local NAACP chapter
- a. a final application.
- b. a 1 to 2 page, typed biography (double-spaced).
- for National contestants, submit to his/her local NAACP ACT-SO sponsor:
- a completed project.
- a national application.
- a one to two page, typed [double-spaced] biography.
- a completed parental consent form.
- a medical release form signed by a parent.
- a small, clear photo.
- Media release.
2019-20 Categories and Competitions
|STEM||HUMANITIES||PERFORMING ARTS||VISUAL ARTS||BUSINESS||CULINARY|
|Architecture||Music Composition||Dance: Ballet||Drawing||Entrepreneurship||Culinary Arts|
|Biology/Microbiology||Original Essay||Dance: Contemporary||Filmmaking|
|Computer Science||Poetry—Written||Dance: Traditional||Photography|
|Earth and Space Sciences||Short Story||Dramatics||Sculpture|
|Medicine and Health||Music: Vocal—Classical|